In 2017 and 2018 the STADTSPRACHEN magazin and the Berliner Literarische Aktion will continue the concept of the STADTSPRACHEN through the event series PARATAXE with citywide actions, events and symposiums, to discover and introduce the history and present day multilingual literature of the German capital.
PARATAXE – the Berlin international literature scene
>> Events 2017:
13. February 2017, 8 PM, Lettrétage: Stadtsprachen becomes PARATAXE
11. April, 8 PM, English Theatre Berlin: PARATAXE presentation
- What languages does Berlin write in? Berlin authors, who write in a language other than German will be introduced with discussions, lectures and translations. With DARIO DESERRI (Italy/Berlin) and his translator Anna Giannessi as well as RASHA ABBAS (Syria/Berlin) and her German publisher Nikola Richter.
19. May, 10 AM – 10 PM, LCB: Symposium PUERTO BERLIN
- The Literary Colloquium Berlin, Literaturport, the Berliner Literarische Aktion and the guest curators Timo Berger and Rike Bolte will discuss the history and the present of Latin American literature in Berlin. At the LCB (Am Sandwerder 5, 14109 Berlin) more than 20 researchers, authors and translators will grapple with the themes of exile, migration and literature between Latin America and Berlin. In the evening a polyphonic reading will conclude the days discussion.
8. June, 8 PM, PANDA Theater: PARATAXE 3
16. September, 8 PM, ausland: PARATAXE 4
25. October, 8 PM, Brotfabrik: PARATAXE 5
23. November, 10 AM – 10 PM, LCB: Symposium (Eastern Europe)
8. December, 8 PM, Theater o.N.: PARATAXE 6
PARATAXE (2017/18) is promoted by the Berlin Senate Administration for Culture and Europe and supported by the Literarische Colloquium Berlin.